Learn how to draw a plant with these 30 easy plant drawing ideas with step by step simple sketch outline, printables and coloring pages. These plant drawing ideas are the ideal designs you can recreate to refine your drawing skills! Summer is here, and it is the perfect time to spend doing something productive like this! Follow these drawing tutorials step by step to achieve the finished design.
Drawing is an extremely beneficial hobby. Not only is it a productive use of your free time, but it is also a creative channel for you to express yourself! It improves hand and eye coordination and also relieves stress. It has no rules or regulations, so you can draw however you wish! The finished designs can be used as a gift for someone or a decorative wall frame to elevate your home!
What better way to spend your time productively than drawing something! Channel your inner artist by making these plant drawing ideas ideal for all age groups to recreate! This guide has many variations of drawings you can try out – animated ones, realistic ones, plants in a pot, and hanging plants!
Moreover, there are various categories of designs for everyone to pick from, ranging from intricately detailed designs to educational designs idea for kids. All you need is a pen and pencil to get started!
1. How to Draw Plant in Pot
Start by learning the basics of drawing by making this design! This drawing tutorial is ideal for beginner artists. Start by outlining a pot and make a line for its stem and draw leaves on both sides. It’s a simple yet adorable drawing that will only take 5 minutes to draw! Make sure to color it in to give it character! drawingtutorials101
2. How to Draw a Plant
Make this plant drawing a perfect decoration for your room! Taking care of a real plant can be a great responsibility not everyone is willing to make. Sketch this through the help of this drawing tutorial by following just 9 easy steps! Start by making the pot and draw a straight line and make its leaves. It’s the next best alternative! iheartcraftythings
3. Draw a Terrarium Plant
Encourage your little ones to start drawing with this easy design. Children are keen learners and will learn even faster when education is inculcated with a fin activity. All they need is some paper and watercolors to get started! Follow this drawing guide to make these adorable plant drawings! Frame their finished drawings and make an art wall! artprojectsforkids
4. Create a Potted Plant Drawing
This intricate flower pot design encapsulates its beauty perfectly. Learn how to draw this by following this simple drawing tutorial. Start by making the pot’s outline and make an inverted “u” shape for the dirt. The finished drawing can make the perfect wall décor if you frame it! easydrawingguides
5. Monster Plant Drawing
Houseplants are aesthetically pleasing, relieve stress, and purify the air around you, but if you feel like you they are a huge responsibility to keep, here is the next best alternative! Draw this intricate plant design with the help of this tutorial and frame it! Make sure to add color to the finished design as a final touch! dragoart
6. Create a Wonderful Lavender Drawing
Here is another adorable plant drawing ideal for children to recreate! If you want them to develop their drawing skills, this is the perfect design they can use! Begin by drawing its blossoms and making inverted “u” shapes for its petals. Encourage your children to be their best creative selves while drawing them. It can become art you can hang in their room! easydrawingguides
7. How to Draw Piranha Plant from Super Mario
Are you a fan of the game Super Mario? Make some fan art or use this plant as an inspiration to draw. This step-by-step guide will help you recreate this drawing. Start by making a circle and make a diagonal line in its center for its head. The finished product will make a great poster or gift for a fellow fan! drawingtutorials101
8. Succulent Plant Drawing – Step by Step
Here is an adorable plant drawing idea ideal for children to draw! Succulents are convenient houseplants to keep as they don’t take up much space and don’t need a lot of maintenance to survive. Learn how to make this plant through the help of this tutorial! Start by making a pot and adding leaves to it. It is an easy and enjoyable design for kids to do! rainbowprintables
9. How to Draw Aloe Plant for Kids
Compared to other plant drawing designs, this design features a not-so-common plant. Learn how to draw Agave, a succulent plant similar to Aloe. Its unique features, such as spiky leaves and yellow edges, make it unique and fun to draw. Start by outlining the plant framing the directions of the leaves. Don’t forget to color it in to add some character to your artwork! cuteeasydrawings
10. How to Draw an Agave
Looking for easy drawing designs for kids to recreate? This design template of a bush can be easily created by following this guide! Kids can be encouraged to start drawing by recreating such easy designs. This visual guide will make it easy and fun for them to sketch along and create their art! drawingandcrafts
11. Create a Bush Drawing
Keeping plants at home is a big commitment. Decorate your home by making this plant drawing! All you need is a canvas and watercolors to make this masterpiece. This drawing tutorial will make the process fun and easy. Start by painting the pot and paint the leaves. The finished painting can add to the aesthetic appeal of your house. easydrawingguide
12. Draw Snake Plant with Watercolor
Here is a video guide that will teach you how to draw a unique and realistic plant. The tutorial easily guides you on how to paint this; start by sketching a rough outline of the plant stems with a pencil, and add leaves onto it by using green paint. It’s a canvas medium painting that can be later used to hang on the wall as an art piece for others to admire! thepigeonletters
13. How to Draw Jade Plant with Watercolor
Here is a video guide that will teach you how to draw a unique and realistic plant. The tutorial easily guides you on how to paint this; start by sketching a rough outline of the plant stems with a pencil, and add leaves onto it by using green paint. It’s a canvas medium painting that can be later used to hang on the wall as an art piece for others to admire!
14. Realistic Marijuana Weed Leaf Drawing
Learn how to draw realistic paintings through these plant drawing ideas by making these intricate and detailed plant drawings. Start by sketching the stem outline with a pencil and sketch individual leaves on it. Follow the exact steps of this guide to get the finished look. Add some color to the final for a realistic effect!
15. How to Draw Hanging Plant
Here is an interesting plant drawing idea ideal for children, teenagers, and adults to try and recreate! This guide comes with a video tutorial, so all you need to do is follow the steps to achieve the final look. Start by outlining the pot and then sketch the stems of the plant. Color it in for the final touch!
16. Tomato Plant Sketch for Beginners
Do you enjoy gardening and all things horticulture? Then this plant drawing is perfect for you! Start by outlining the stem and add leaves and tomatoes to the drawing. This tutorial comes with a video to guide you visually as well! It is an adorable drawing and can be framed to decorate your living space!
17. How to Draw a Dead Tree
Weather plants are blossoming in the spring or withering away in the winter; they are equally beautiful. Learn how to capture this tree withering away majestically through the help of this video tutorial. Make this drawing on a large canvas for some added character! It can become the perfect art piece to decorate your house!
18. Drawing of Vines
Plants are extremely versatile organisms and come in different styles like this one! This design can be easily sketched by any level of artist. All you need to do is follow this video tutorial which will make recreating this fun and easy! Start by outlining the stem around a stick and sketch in its leaves.
19. Pen and Ink Botanical Drawing
This is a unique plant drawing different from others as it uses ink as a painting medium! Using ink as a medium will allow you to add a unique spin to your drawing. This tutorial comes with a video tutorial – so follow along to make this! Start by making a general outline of the flower, and step by step, add further details to complete the sketch!
20. How to Draw a Plant Cell
Science freaks! This plant drawing is perfect for you! Learning about the scientific details of the plants by making this! It is also a great educational design for kids to learn more about the anatomy of plants. Learn how to make it yourself by following this tutorial. Research the different parts of the plant cell to add to your knowledge of how a plant functions!
21. Draw a Weed Leaf
This fun and comical design is the perfect pastime sketch you can learn through the help of this tutorial. This tutorial comes with a video guide making it easier to follow. Start by outlining the weed leaf and stems, and follow the guide to make the finished look. All you need is some pens and a pencil to get started!
22. Flower Plant Drawing Step by Step Instructions
Gift a fellow plant lover a hand-drawn drawing by watching this tutorial! This is a video tutorial making it easier for you to follow along and draw the design. Start by making some grass and sketch its roots, followed by making its leaves. It can be made on birthday or anniversary cards and is the sweetest gesture!
23. How to Draw Corn Plant with Corns
Here is an interesting plant drawing idea that will spark your interest if you are interested in crops and all things horticulture. These designs are also ideal for educational purposes for kids to learn by drawing about the different types of plant and their produce. Start by outlining the plant by making its stem and leaves.
24. Simple House Plants Drawing
It is the summertime! Kids will have ample time to put it to good use! These drawing designs will encourage them to take up sketching as a hobby. Make these plants by sketching an outline of the pot, followed by making its stem and attaching leaves to it. This hobby will improve their cognitive skills and hand-eye coordination.
25. Hanging Plant Line Drawing
Drawing is an extremely beneficial skill to learn, it has no rules, and it is a creative channel for individuals. This design is ideal for experienced artists as it is detailed work on it. Start by making the leaves and the stem of the plant. Add in some color to your finished work as a final touch! It will make the perfect poster or gift to someone!
26. How to Draw Spider Plant in a Pot
Cheer up a friend or a family member by gifting them a hand-drawn plant design! Make this plant drawing yourself by following this easy tutorial. Start by making a rough outline of the plant by sketching its pot and leaves. Color your finished drawing and frame it, making it an ideal gift for someone!
27. How to Draw a Cartoon Plant in a Pot
Learn how to make this animated plant design with the help of his detailed video tutorial! This design is perfect for children to recreate as it is fun and easy and will surely spark their interest in the drawing! Start by outlining the pot, followed by making the stem and leaves. They can utilize their finished drawings as posters to hang in their room!
28. Draw a Green Plant
If keeping a houseplant is too much of a hassle for you, sketch this design of a plant and hang them on your wall as the next best alternative! Not only will it save you the responsibility but sketching the design yourself will improve your cognitive and motor skills! Start by making a rough outline of the plant stem and draw in leaves as you continue with the other steps.
29. Easy Brinjal Plant Drawing
Who knew making various plant designs would be this easy? If you are keen on learning about fruitful plants, this design is perfect for you! Recreate this by following this easy and detailed video tutorial. Start by making an outline of the stems and adding in leaves and other details. All you need is a pen and pencil to get started!
30. Draw Different Part of Plant
This plant drawing design is perfect for kids to learn the ins and out of a plant and its structure. Children learn best through practical implementation; they can learn to draw this structure through this easy tutorial. Parents can also educate them about the different parts of plants while they draw this to add to their knowledge!
Related Easy Drawing Ideas:
Explore the creative world of drawing with these easy and fun ideas! Find dozens of tutorials, tips, and inspiration to help you create stunning art pieces.
- Avocado Drawing Ideas: Create unique avocado drawings with easy step-by-step instructions. Get inspired and learn to draw avocados in fun, creative styles for art projects or just for fun.
- Mushroom Drawing Ideas: Discover simple mushroom drawing ideas, perfect for both beginners and experienced doodlers. Find out how to create your own unique mushroom illustrations, with helpful tips from expert artists.
- Tulip Drawing Ideas: Learn to create realistic tulip drawings with easy tutorials! Get step-by-step instructions plus helpful tips and tricks for achieving amazing results.
- How to Draw a Cell: Unlock your creative potential with these amazing cell drawing ideas! Perfect for beginners and experienced artists alike, explore different ways to create stunning pieces of art.
- Succulent Drawing Ideas: Learn how to draw beautiful succulents with easy tutorials! Get step by step instructions and perfect your technique with helpful tips for drawing these gorgeous plants.
- Sunflower Drawing Ideas: Bring a ray of sunshine into your life with these easy and creative sunflower drawing ideas! Learn step-by-step instructions for creating stunning sunflower portraits.
- Pineapple Drawing Ideas: Create adorable pineapple drawings with these simple step-by-step instructions. Learn how to draw pineapples in different shapes, sizes, and styles for all skill levels.
- How to Draw Fruit: Discover gorgeous fruit drawing ideas with step-by-step tutorials. Create beautiful artwork of apples, oranges, bananas and more with simple illustrations.
- Oil Pastel Drawing Ideas: Transform even the most basic drawings into stunning works of art with these awesome oil pastel drawing tutorials.
- Pizza Drawing Ideas: Get creative with your pizza drawings! Learn easy and unique ideas for how to draw a realistic-looking pizza in no time.
- Garden Drawing Ideas: Grow your creative green thumb with these superb garden drawing ideas! Learn to draw a variety of different plants, flowers, and trees for beautiful outdoor artwork.
- Birthday Cake Drawings: Bring out your inner artist and create stunning birthday cake drawing pictures with these easy creative tutorials!
- Dandelion Drawing Ideas: Download free printables of dandelion drawings and create unique art pieces! Brighten any room with these easy, fun, and beautiful works of art.
- Pumpkin Drawing Ideas: Discover creative pumpkin drawing ideas with step-by-step instructions for making realistic pumpkins that look just like the real thing!
- Jack O Lantern Drawings: Get creative this Halloween with these unique and inspiring Jack O’Lantern drawing tutorials! From spooky to whimsical, find inspiration for your own designs.
So here are some interesting plant drawing ideas you can have a go at drawing! Your drawings can be framed and used as wall art or decoration to place in your room or house! You can also gift your creation to someone fond of plants! Pictures of plants and greenery elevate the atmosphere due to their beauty! It is summertime, and activities like these can be a productive use of your time. Parents should encourage children to develop healthy hobbies like drawing. These drawings are great for practicing drawing as a skill for both children and adults. It is a healthy activity that improves cognitive skills and hand-eye coordination. So grab your pencil and start drawing!