Learn how to draw a cardinal with these 20 easy cardinal drawing ideas with step by step simple sketch outline, printables and coloring pages. Nature is one of the most beautiful things this world has to offer. This includes all the animals, birds, greenery, mountains, the water, and much more. Therefore, this is what you will be learning more about through this article on cardinal drawing ideas! Birds are the most unbound creatures of this world as they have wings, and they enjoy their freedom more than any other creature does on this Earth.
As we are specifically going to discuss cardinals, the male ones get their red-colored features from the food they eat, and they also possess green and blue plumages, for which they are universally loved. Apart from this, these birds are known to be shy and are always flying around. There can be nothing better than being able to draw these beautiful creatures.
Moving on, this article will teach you how to expand your artistic skills through 20 insightful and creative tutorials for sketching these cardinal drawing ideas. Each tutorial consists of a completely different perspective and idea as to how you should be going about your sketch of this bird.
The cherry on top is that you will be introduced to new art equipment with each cardinal drawing idea and that you will also be learning new artistic processes. Through this article, you will learn different tutorials, including how to draw an easy cardinal level, how to draw a northern cardinal, cardinal drawing for beginners, and many others too. So, let’s not wait any longer and just get started!
1. How to Draw a Cardinal
What can be better than giving your sketch a colorful vibe at the end? Exactly, nothing; hence, let’s get started! You will start your sketch by drawing a tilted oval shape for the body of your bird, after which you will move on to sketching its wings. In the end, the bird will be colored in a deep red color. Head over to the link for more! helloartsy
2. Cardinal Drawing in Just 9 Easy Steps
This one’s for the beginners out there, as in this cardinal drawing idea, you will be able to draw the bird following 9 easy steps! Firstly, you will start by drawing a small circle for the beak of the bird, after which you will move on to sketching its head and the rest of its body. For a better picture, click on the link! iheartcraftythings
3. How to Draw a Northern Cardinal
As art is all about perspectives, in this one, you will be drawing from a whole new one! And the exciting part about this tutorial is the fact that you will be sketching a northern cardinal. Starting by drawing an oval shape for its body and a circle for its head, you will move on to its wings and feathers. So, let’s get started! drawingforall
4. Easy Way to Draw a Cardinal
Another colorful tutorial to draw a cardinal! From this cardinal drawing idea, you will learn how to draw one following easy-level steps. You will start by drawing a semi-circle for its body, and then you will sketch the feather of the tail of the bird. Using vibrant colors, you will color the bird in a bright red shade. Follow up for more, fellas! artprojectsforkids
5. Cardinal Bird Drawing for Beginners
In this tutorial, you will be learning how to draw a colorful cardinal bird leaning on the stem of the tree. You will start by drawing simple shapes, including a circle for its head and an oval for its body. Then you will sketch its wings and other details. In the end, a vermilion color will be added to the sketch for the bird’s body. So, let’s get started now! easydrawingguides
6. How to Draw a Red Cardinal Bird
This one’s especially for the beginners out there who want to improve their basics of art! So, from this cardinal drawing idea, you will start drawing the bird by making an oval for its body and a circle for its head. Then after the feathers and other details, you will color your bird using a darker shade of the color red. Head over to the link for a better picture! dragoart
7. How to Draw a Realistic Cardinal
Another cute and easy drawing of the cardinal bird! From this tutorial, you will learn how to draw a cardinal bird following easy steps. You will start by sketching the furry head of the bird first and then will move on to its face and body. Lastly, you will sketch the stem it’s sitting on and then add a colorful touch. Therefore, what’s the wait for? cuteeasydrawings
8. Cardinal Drawing Using Colored Pencils
This tutorial can really be a helpful one for the artists out there trying to improve their skills. So, for this one, you will only need colored pencils, even for the sketching part! You will start by sketching the bird first using a red-colored pencil, and then you will move on to the stem. Do not miss out on this opportunity, fellas! usartsupply
9. Simple Cardinal Drawing
With this one, we bring about another tricky yet interesting surprise for you all! You will be drawing the cardinal bird, sitting on a stem with its head-turning backward. Starting by sketching its head and body first, you will then move on to other details and the coloring part. So, what’s the wait for? dragoart
10. How to Draw a Cozy Cardinal
Another exciting perspective for you all! In this cardinal drawing idea, you will be sketching the bird from a zoomed-in perspective, which would obviously mean that you will sketch a larger eye, for instance. So, you will start by sketching its beak, and then it’s head and body. Lastly, a vibrant colored vibe will be given to it. So, get started now!
11. Cardinal Line Drawing
Start expanding your artistic skills now through this cardinal drawing idea! So, from this tutorial, you will learn how to draw a line drawing of the bird. Using a black pen, you will start sketching the head of the bird and then will move on to its lower body. The interesting part is that this will be a black and white sketch. Click on the link now!
12. Drawing of a Cardinal
This one’s especially for the beginners out there! From this tutorial, you will learn how to sketch an easy-level cardinal bird. You will use a thick pen for this one and will start by sketching the head of the bird first, including its pointy feathers on the top. In the end, you will use colored markers to give it a colorful touch. So, get started!
13. Flying Cardinal Drawing With Colored Pencils
Who doesn’t love surprises? So, from this tutorial, you will learn how to sketch a flying cardinal bird using Faber Castell color pencils for the coloring part! Using a simple pencil to start with, you will start sketching the head of the bird and then its feathers and other details. To have a better look, head over to the link right now!
14. How to Draw Cardinal with Pencil Sketch
All the aesthetic people out there who love to draw also love the pencil sketches! So, from this cardinal drawing idea, you will learn how to draw this bird through simple pencil shading. You will start by drawing the head and beak of the bird, and then you will move on to the rest of its body, along with the details. Follow up for more!
15. How to Draw a Cardinal on a Branch
Another one for the beginners out there who want to expand the basics of their artistic skills! In this tutorial, you will learn how to draw the cardinal bird through a zoomed-in perspective. Using a thick black pen, you will start by sketching its head along with the feathers and the beak of the bird. For a detailed picture, click on the link!
16. Cute Cardinal Drawing for Beginners
From this cardinal drawing idea, the beginners can really take help and improve their basic skills! By using a simple black marker, you will start by sketching the head of the bird, along with giving it a curvy edge to highlight its feathers. This will be followed by the coloring part. So, get ready and get started, fellas!
17. How to Draw a Cardinal Step by Step
This tutorial is about drawing a simple pencil sketch of a bulbul bird! You will start by using a pencil and by sketching the rough draft of the bird first. This will then be followed by joining all the dots and rough lines to draw a defined bird. Therefore, do not miss out on this amusing opportunity, and get started!
18. Cardinal Bird Outline Drawing
All the beginners out there, grab your pens and get ready! From this cardinal drawing idea, you will learn how to sketch an outline drawing of the red bird. You will start by sketching it from the top, including all the details and using a black pointer. Then it will be given a black and white vibe through pencil shading. Let’s get started!
19. Drawing a Cardinal for Picture
As mentioned in the beginning, the unique art equipment used will make this even more interesting for you all! In this tutorial, you will be using a black permanent marker to sketch the bird in a zoomed-in perspective. Then you will use a multi-colored theme to color your sketch. So, what’s the wait for?
20. Draw Your Own Realistic Cardinal
Another black and white sketch of the cardinal bird! From this cardinal drawing idea, you will learn how to sketch your own realistic cardinal bird. Starting from the top of its head, you will move on to sketching the beak and feathers of the bird. This will be followed by other details of the drawing. Therefore, do not delay this opportunity and get started!
Related Easy Drawing Ideas:
Find easy drawing ideas from professionals and beginners alike. Learn how to draw with step-by-step tutorials, simple tips, and expert advice for any skill level.
- Chicken Drawing Ideas: Discover easy chicken drawing ideas to try out! These step-by-step tutorials make it simple for beginners of all ages to get creative and draw amazing chickens.
- Shark Drawing Ideas: Make your kids smile with these free printable shark drawings! From great whites to hammerheads, find a variety of colorful sharks that are perfect for any age.
- French Bulldog Drawings: Bring out your inner artist with these beautiful french bulldog drawing ideas! Perfect for all skill levels, you’ll be able to draw a cute frenchie in no time.
- Elephant Drawing Ideas: Learn how to draw an elephant with easy steps! These drawing outlines make it simple and fun for kids of all ages.
- Spider Drawing Ideas: This guide will show you adorable spider drawing ideas that even a beginner can do! Learn the basics of how to draw spiders with step-by-step tutorials and helpful tips.
- How to Draw a Dove: Find the beauty of nature with this selection of cute dove drawing pictures. These images will bring a peaceful, calming atmosphere to any space and make great gifts for friends and family.
- Peacock Drawing Ideas: Bring out the artist in you and explore creative peacock drawing ideas. Get inspired to draw beautiful feathers, vibrant colors, and intricate details to create a stunning masterpiece.
- Mouse Drawing Ideas: Discover how to draw realistic mice with these easy tutorials. Learn the fundamentals of drawing with expert tips and ideas from professional artists.
- How to Draw a Bear: Get amazing bear drawings that will inspire your creativity! Browse this huge collection of unique, creative ideas to bring your bear drawing to life.
- Dog Drawing Ideas: Find inspiration for your next dog drawing! Get creative ideas from these wonderful dog drawing tutorials with simple step-by-step instructions.
- Ladybug Drawing Ideas: Create beautifully detailed ladybug drawings with these easy guides. Learn how to draw a realistic and cartoon-style ladybug in minutes – perfect for kids or adults!
We have rounded up some insightful and creative cardinal drawing ideas that will help you in improving your artistic skills and to think out of the box. From these cardinal drawing ideas, you will be able to use new and unique art equipment, which will make this article even more compelling for you all! The best part about this article is the fact that it is for all age groups, for those who are still learning the basics of art, and for those as well who want to pursue this as their ambition in the future and are passionate about it. We have tried our best to make this article worth your while. Therefore, get started before it gets too late, fellas!