Add a cozy, handmade touch to your living space with a crochet pillow pattern. This collection of 50 free crochet pillow patterns offers a variety of designs, from vintage charm to contemporary chic, providing an opportunity to enhance any home decor style. Every crochet pillow pattern comes with clear, step-by-step instructions and a list of supplies, ensuring a smooth crocheting experience.
The versatility of these free crochet pillow patterns allows crafters to experiment with different yarn textures and colors, creating unique and personalized pillow covers that can transform any room. Each crochet pillow pattern provides a clear guide, enabling you to learn and apply various stitches to achieve stunning results.
Select from an array of crochet pillow patterns, such as the granite stitch or aligned cobble stitch, and indulge in the process of making a personalized cushion cover. Bring comfort and a splash of creativity to your living space with your own handcrafted crochet pillows. So, pick your favorite design, gather your materials, and begin the rewarding process of crafting a beautiful crochet pillow today.
- Lion Brand Mandala Yarn
- Crochet hook (size varies per pattern)
- Tapestry needle
Sizes: Varies depending on the project (e.g., 18-inch decorative pillow)
Gauge: Varies depending on the project and yarn used
Cost: Most projects are cost-effective, with the primary expense being the yarn
Difficulty: Ranges from beginner-friendly to more advanced patterns
Total Time: Varies depending on the complexity of the design
Notes: Patterns include detailed instructions for creating each piece, ensuring a rewarding experience. Some patterns may also include charts or graphs for visual help.
As a crocheter looking to work on the patterns provided on the page, here is a step-by-step guide to follow:
Why Choose Crochet for Your Pillow Projects?
Crocheting pillows can be a delightful way to spruce up your home while indulging in a hobby that soothes the soul. Let’s explore the compelling reasons why you should consider crocheting your next set of pillows.
Unleash Your Creativity
- Custom Designs: Crochet allows you to create custom patterns and textures that are unique to your style.
- Color Play: With a vast palette of yarn colors, you can mix and match to perfectly complement your home décor.
Cost-Effective Home Decor
- Affordability: Crocheting your pillows is often more budget-friendly than purchasing pre-made designer cushions.
- Upcycling: Breathe new life into old pillows by crocheting new covers instead of throwing them out.
A Project for Every Skill Level
- Beginner-Friendly: Simple patterns with basic stitches are widely available and perfect for those just starting their crochet journey.
- Advanced Options: Intricate patterns with complex stitches offer a challenge for experienced crafters looking to hone their skills.
The Comfort of Handmade
- Soft and Cozy: Hand-crocheted pillows add a level of comfort and warmth to your space that store-bought ones often lack.
- Personal Touch: A handmade pillow can be a heartfelt gift that carries more meaning than a mass-produced item.
Environmentally Friendly Choice
- Sustainable Materials: Choose eco-friendly yarns made from natural fibers or recycled materials to reduce your environmental footprint.
- Less Waste: By making exactly what you need, you contribute less to consumer waste.
Therapeutic and Relaxing
- Stress Relief: The repetitive nature of crochet can be meditative and relaxing, helping to alleviate stress and anxiety.
- Sense of Accomplishment: Completing a crochet pillow project provides a sense of achievement and boosts self-esteem.
Adaptability and Flexibility
- All Seasons: Switch up your pillow covers with the seasons using different yarn weights and colors.
- Size Variability: Easily adjust the size of your crochet pillow to fit any space or décor needs.
Engaging and Educational
- Learn New Techniques: Every pillow project can be an opportunity to learn new crochet stitches and methods.
- Community and Sharing: Join crochet communities to share your projects, gain inspiration, and make friends with similar interests.
Crochet pillows not only enhance the aesthetic of your home but also offer a fulfilling crafting experience. Whether you’re looking to save money, add a splash of color, or simply unwind with a calming activity, crocheting pillows is a versatile choice that promises both satisfaction and style.
Essential Crochet Techniques for Pillow Making
Creating crochet pillows is a delightful way to bring comfort and style to your home decor. If you’re new to crocheting or simply need a refresher, mastering a few fundamental techniques can help you craft beautiful and cozy pillows. Let’s walk through these techniques step by step, ensuring your journey is as smooth and enjoyable as possible.
Starting Off: Basic Crochet Stitches
The foundation of crochet pillows often involves basic stitches. Here’s what you should know:
- Chain Stitch (ch): The beginning of most crochet projects, creating a series of loops that will form the base for other stitches.
- Single Crochet (sc): A simple, versatile stitch perfect for creating a tight fabric.
- Double Crochet (dc): A taller stitch than the single crochet, it works up faster and is great for a softer, more flexible fabric.
- Half Double Crochet (hdc): A stitch that falls between a single and a double crochet in height, offering a nice balance of tightness and flexibility.
Shaping Up: Working in the Round
- Magic Ring: A technique used to start crocheting in the round, creating a tight circle with no hole in the middle.
- Increasing: Adding more stitches to a round to help your work lay flat and maintain the shape.
- Joining Rounds: Connecting the end of one round to the beginning of the next to keep the work seamless.
Switching Colors: Adding Variety to Your Pillow
- Color Change: Learn how to switch yarn colors cleanly at the end of a row or in the middle to create patterns and designs.
Finishing Touches: Sewing and Embellishing
- Weaving in Ends: Securely tuck away the loose ends of yarn to give your pillow a neat finish.
- Sewing Pieces Together: Use a yarn needle to stitch the front and back of your pillow cover together.
- Adding Embellishments: Apply buttons, pompoms, or fringe to personalize your pillow.
Crafting Comfort: Stuffing Your Pillow
- Choosing the Right Stuffing: Decide whether to use a pillow insert or Polyfil stuffing based on the desired firmness and shape.
Pattern Reading: Interpreting Instructions
- Following a Pattern: Understand the abbreviations and instructions used in crochet patterns to bring your project to life.
Remember, practice makes perfect. Don’t hesitate to try out these techniques on small swatches before diving into your pillow project. As you get more comfortable, you’ll find that these skills become second nature, and you’ll be on your way to creating cozy, customized pillows for every corner of your home.
How to Crochet a Pillow? Step by Step Instructions
Learn how to crochet a pillow with step-by-step instructions. Make your own cozy crochet pillows with this beginner-friendly guide.
Select a Crochet Pillow Pattern:
- Check the list of 50 free crochet pillow patterns.
- Consider your skill level (beginner, intermediate, advanced).
- Choose a pattern that matches your style and decor needs.
- For the purpose of this example, let’s say you chose the “Easy Crochet Pencil Pillow Pattern.”
- Refer to the chosen pattern for a list of supplies needed.
- For the Easy Crochet Pencil Pillow Pattern, you need:
- US G/4.00 mm crochet hook
- 4 colors of “I Love this Yarn” or similar weight, 4 yarn
- 45 yards of yellow for the pencil details
- A 20″ x 12″ pillow insert
Read Through the Pattern:
- Before starting, read the entire pattern to familiarize yourself with the instructions.
- Note any special stitches or techniques that are required.
- Make a gauge swatch according to the pattern instructions.
- For the chosen pattern, the gauge is 14 sc sts = 4″, 18 rows = 4″.
- Adjust hook size if necessary to meet the gauge requirements.
- Begin crocheting the pillow cover following the pattern’s step-by-step instructions.
- For the pencil pillow, follow the chart with line-by-line written instructions provided.
- Once the crocheting is done, weave in any loose ends with a tapestry needle.
- Attach any additional details such as buttons, appliqués, or zippers if required by the pattern.
Assemble the Pillow:
- Insert the pillow form into the crochet cover.
- Seam any openings closed if necessary, ensuring the pillow insert is secure.
- Look over your finished pillow for any missed stitches or loose ends that need securing.
- Make any final adjustments to ensure your pillow looks neat and professional.
By following these steps, you should now have a beautifully crocheted pillow ready to enhance your living space.
Remember, crocheting is not only about the finished product but also about enjoying the crafting process. With each crochet pillow pattern, you can learn new stitches, improve your technique, and express your creativity. Whether you make pillows for yourself, as gifts, or to sell, the satisfaction of making something by hand is truly rewarding.
Find Free Crochet Pillow Patterns
Discover a collection of free crochet pillow patterns to add a touch of handmade charm to your home decor. Get inspired and start crocheting pillows today!
1. Easy Crochet Pencil Pillow Pattern
Crochet a unique and eye-catching pillow with this pencil pillow crochet pattern! This pattern includes the materials needed, gauge, finished size, and instructions. You’ll need a US G/4.00 mm crochet hook, 4 colors of “I Love this Yarn” or similar weight, 4 yarn, 45 yards of yellow for the pencil details, and a 20″ x 12″ pillow insert. The chart with line-by-line written instructions makes it easy to follow. The gauge is 14 sc sts = 4″, 18 rows = 4″, creating a finished size of 19.5 x 11.5 inches. Get creative with your own design for a truly one-of-a-kind piece! cozynooksdesigns
2. Pretty Crochet Chick Pillow Pattern
Spring has arrived and to celebrate, grace and yarn shares a simple crochet pattern to brighten your day. The pillow features a bright yellow color and has pink cheeks that would also look great in red. Using worsted weight yarn and a 4mm crochet hook, this project works up quickly and is perfect for a relaxing day on the couch. The pattern is worked in continuous rounds and is suitable for those familiar with the magic circle. Crocheters can also join in the celebration of National Crochet Month and Grace and Yarn’s one-year blog anniversary. graceandyarn
3. Herringbone Half Double Crochet Pillow Pattern
Time to transform your space with this easy herringbone half double crochet pattern, perfect for a stylish and cozy pillow! Using dishie cotton yarn, you’ll need 2 skeins each of Swan & Begonia, and 1 skein of Linen. You’ll also need a 4mm crochet hook, 12×16 pillow form, scissors, tapestry needle, and stitch markers (optional). With the finished product measuring 12 inches by 16 inches, it will be perfect for any room in your home. To achieve the gauge, use 17 HHDC stitches for 16 rows in a 4-inch square swatch. Check out this easy-to-follow pattern today – no more sleeping on lumpy pillows! graceandyarn
4. Crochet Walk This Way Pillow – Free PDF Pattern
Craft a unique, chunky popcorn pillow using 6 yarn colors with this crochet pattern! You’ll need 2 balls each of 636 Carney, 634 Copley, 639 Monet, 653 Ernst, 628 Botticelli, and 603 Michelangelo. The cover fits a 50 x 50cm (19.75 x 19.75in) inner pillow, and 5 buttons with a 3 cm diameter are used for closure. A Crochet hook of 4mm (US Size G/6) is the ideal tool for creating the perfect popcorn stitch. Gauge/tension should be 16.5 hdc x 14 rows to measure 10 x 10 cm on a 4mm hook to achieve your desired results! haakmaarraak
5. Free Crochet Tulip Throw Pillow Pattern
Decorate your home with a unique, handmade touch. Create this beautiful tulip throw pillow in the C2C crochet technique – the possibilities are endless! Not only can you make the front panel featuring a tulip motif, but you can also create a solid back or even use multiple colors to match your color scheme at home. You could even make two front panels so that the tulip is on both sides of the pillow. With minimal ends to sew in, it’s easy and fun to knit up this eye-catching throw pillow for your living space today! sunflowercottage
6. Free Crochet Valentines Day Pillow Pattern
Express your love this Valentine’s Day with a one-of-a-kind handmade pillow crafted from circulo natural cotton max color 4/6 yarn in worsted (9 wpi). This yarn requires a 4.0mm (G) hook and yields 988 yards (903 m) to make one 17.5″ x 17.5″ pillow that is perfect for adding a romantic touch to any room in your home! Create the perfect homemade gift for that special someone, or just treat yourself this holiday season! ravelry
7. Basic Crochet Sunburst Pillow Pattern
Brighten up your decor with this charming basic sunburst pillow pattern! This simple 18 “x18″ pillow features a classic sunburst crochet pattern that is sure to make a statement. To complete the project, you will need a US 4.50 mm (size 7) crochet hook, needle for weaving in ends, scissors, and 1 Sewrella Yarn Classic DK bundle of 815yds/353g or 4 skeins, as well as an 18″ x 18″ washable pillow form (insert). With a gauge of 4 rnd sunburst square = 3.5” square, create one today to add style to any room! nautikrallcrochet
8. Celtic Weave Crochet Throw Pillow Pattern
Upgrade your home decor with the Celtic weave throw pillow pattern. This unique crochet pattern uses Billow Bulky Weight yarn from WeCrochet, a 100% Pima Cotton blend that varies from thick to thin for a textured look. Streamline Hooks from Furls are easy to use and perfect for this project! The finished size of the pillow cover is 12″ x 20″ or 20″ x 20″. Use the provided yardage requirements to choose the right amount of yarn for your pillow and pop in a 12″ x20″ or 20″ x20″ pillow form when you’re done – and enjoy your beautiful new throw pillow! mjsoffthehook
9. Crochet Solid Scrappy Granny Pillow – Free Pattern
Transform your leftover yarn scraps and skeins into a stylish solid scrappy granny pillow with this easy-to-follow crochet pattern. This fun and creative project allows you to mix and match colors, textures, and weights to create a one-of-a-kind accent pillow for your home. Use basic crochet stitches, a size h hook, and a washable pillow form to make this pillow in sizes 14”, 16”, 18” or 20”. Follow along with the included video tutorials for guidance on making solid granny squares, joining them together using the join-as-you-go method, and seaming the finished pillow cover. Grab the printable pdf pattern and start crocheting today! nautikrallcrochet
10. Dragon Eye Pillow Crochet Pattern
Cozy up your place with this adorable dragon eye pillow with this tutorial! Get 3 balls of Big Twist Value yarn in wine, cream, burnt orange, and varsity gold. You’ll also need a ball of Red Heart Super Saver Cornmeal yarn and two Furls Odyssey hooks (H 5mm & G 4mm). Plus, Polyfil stuffing, 18 “x18″ pillow form, tapestry needle, and more to complete your project. The finished size is 18″ x 18” for a perfect decorative piece for your home. Follow the instructions carefully and make sure to use standard decreases for best results. hookedbykati
11. Daffodil Flower C2C Crochet Pillow Pattern
Brighten up your home decor with this cheerful daffodil flower C2C pillow! This Intermediate level crochet pattern is a great way to add some color and texture to any room. The finished pillow measures 17″ x 17″, and each C2C pixel/square consists of 3 half double crochets and a ch-3. To create the daffodil design, you will be increasing for rows 1 – 25, then decreasing for rows 26 – 49. Work from the bottom right corner to the top left corner using even-numbered right side rows and odd-numbered Wrong Side rows. Give it a try today—you won’t regret it! juniperandoakes
12. Arabesque 18-inch Decorative Pillow Crochet Pattern
Add a touch of elegant style to your living space with the Arabesque 18-inch decorative pillow. This beautiful and free crochet pillow pattern is crocheted using #4 worsted weight O’Go Super Saver yarn in café latte, gold, or whatever color you choose. All you need is a 5mm (H) hook, yarn needle, scissors, and 20″ x 20″ pillow form to create this fashionable accessory for your home décor. The stitches used are chain stitch, slip stitch, single crochet, double crochet, front post double crochet, and two different types of clusters for texture. Make this lovely decorative piece today! kirstenhollowaydesigns
13. Free Crochet Valentine Kitty Pillow Pattern
Get ready for valentine’s day with this adorable valentine kitty pillow! This long stretchy cat is perfect for cuddling and features cute heart-shaped toe beans. The pattern is worked in continuous rounds and uses Bernat blanket and Berroco comfort chunky yarn. The finished pillow measures 34 inches long and requires polyester stuffing, craft eyes, a pink craft nose, and a yarn needle. Make your own valentine kitty pillow and add a touch of love to your home decor! cococrochetlee
14. Cute Crochet Llama Pillow Pattern
Crochet a soft, fluffy pillow in the shape of an adorable llama with this free pattern! You’ll need two skeins of Yarn Bee Denim Ivory yarn plus small amounts of brown, pink, black, and white to create the details. All you need is a 4 mm crochet hook, 14-inch round pillow form (or stuffing), scissors, and a tapestry needle to get started. Follow each step carefully using US terminology abbreviations like MC for magic circle and HDC INC for Half double crochet increase. Gauge your work so that 6 rounds = 4 inches in diameter. Make sure to stitch securely with the sewing pins as an optional extra! graceandyarn
15. Free Crochet Candy Heart Pillow Pattern
Put your effort into making a sweet gift for someone special with this beginner-friendly candy heart pillow crochet pattern! Perfect for any skill level, this pattern requires just basic supplies like worsted weight yarn (approx. 285 yards/ 260 m), crochet hook, stuffing, and stitch markers. Choose colors in mint, purple and pink to create your own custom design. In no time at all, you’ll have a pillow that measures approximately 12″ x 10″, requiring no sewing if you single crochet the pieces together – so cozy, soft, and adorable it will make anyone smile! onceuponacheerio
16. Crocheted a Knit Look Pillow – Free Pattern
Experience ultimate comfort and coziness with this crochet knit look pillow! You’ll need Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick Yarn in Grey Marble and Fisherman, plus a 12mm crochet hook, tape measure, tapestry needle, and scissors. Your beginning chain should be 5-6″ longer than the pillow form size you’re using. The rest of the pattern uses back loops only – switch between Grey Marble & Fisherman up until it’s ready for your pillow to insert. In no time, you’ve got the perfect handmade accessory made especially by you! sewrella
17. How to Crochet Solig Sunflower Pillow – Free Pattern
Spend this weekend creating this gorgeous sunflower pillow with this tutorial! It includes a 16″ x16″ washable pillow form, 4 colors of WeCrochet (or Knit Picks) Brava Worsted yarn, a US 5.00 mm (size H) crochet hook, a needle for weaving in ends, and scissors. With the included instructions, you can make the 7-round sunflower square to measure 4.75″ square by following your gauge chart! The finished size is 16 “x16”, perfect for adding a touch of beauty to any room. Get creative and add different accents or colors if you like. Enjoy every minute as you craft this amazing pillow from start to finish! nautikrallcrochet
18. Pikachu Inspired Crochet Pillow Pattern
Bring the cuteness of Pikachu into your home with this advanced beginner crochet pillow pattern! All you need is an L crochet hook, yarn needle, scissors, polyester fiberfill, and Bernat Blanket Brights yarn in school bus yellow (220 yds) and small amounts of race car red, black & white. You’ll be using stitches like double crochet (DC), chain stitch (CH), single crochet (SC) & slip stitch (SL ST). With these easy-to-follow instructions, you can make this adorable pillow perfect for any Pokemon fan! clicketysticks
19. Crochet Halloween Striped Pillow Pattern
Get in the halloween spirit with this easy-to-follow crochet pillow pattern. The pillow’s front and back panels offer two different designs featuring vertical and horizontal stripes. The pillow uses the half double crochet stitch and requires approximately 560 yards of any medium four worsted weight yarn. This project is ideal for customizing the size of your pillow cover. It includes instructions and a photo tutorial for attaching a zipper to make the pillow cover removable for washing. The project is perfect for crochet enthusiasts looking to create a subtle nod to halloween in their home décor. thispixiecreates
20. Easy Crochet Heart Pillow Pattern
Renovate your home with our creative Square Crochet Heart Pillow pattern, providing a beautiful and one-of-a-kind touch. No ends to weave in, so you can stash them inside the pillow, making it look effortless. With its modern and evergreen style, enjoy this pillow during Valentine’s Day or year-round. Customize the size by using thicker yarn for a larger cushion measuring approximately 16.5 x 16.5″. Abbreviations such as ch (chain), dc (double crochet), sc (single crochet), and sl st (slip stitch) are provided along with a glossary of US terms used throughout the pattern which is worked in the round without turning. makeanddocrew
21. How to Crochet a Textured Pillow – Free Pattern
Now you can turn home into a haven of comfort and warmth with this easy textured crochet pillow pattern. All you need is 4 basic crochet stitches: chain, half double crochets, single crochets, and slip stitches. Get I Love This Yarn from Hobby Lobby for the perfect 100% acrylic category 4 worsted weight yarn to make this stylish cushion cover. You’ll also need US size H/8 5.0 mm crochet hook, large eye yarn needle, 18 “x18” pillow form, and scissors for materials – the sample used approx 601 yds of Sungold color. Make a gorgeous pillow that will add warmth and comfort to any room in just a few hours! stitching together
22. Aligned Cobble Stitch Crochet Pillow Pattern
Craft a cozy accent for your home with the aligned cobble stitch pillow crochet pattern! This easy pattern is perfect for any skill level and requires just two colors of bulky weight yarn. With size K/10.⅚.5 mm and H/8/5 mm hooks, stitch markers, scissors, tapestry needle, and polyester filling, you’ll have everything you need to make a 16×16″ pillow featuring an aligned cobble stitch gauge of 4″ = 6 aligned cable sts x 6 rows. Get ready to add the perfect touch to your room décor today! idealme
23. Free Crochet Patriot Heart Pillow Pattern
Show off your patriotism with this free crochet patriot heart pillow pattern! This beautiful pillow cover is worked in continuous rounds with the right side facing throughout. It’s made using RED HEART Super Saver yarn and Susan Bates crochet hooks, so you get the perfect fit for your 18″ [46 cm] pillow form. The heart appliqué and stars are worked separately and sewn onto the finished heart, making it a great statement piece to display and show off your patriotic spirit! yarnspirations
24. Crochet Snuggle Bunny Pillows Pattern
Snuggle up with the cutest pillows around – snuggle bunny pillows! These soft cushions are crocheted using super bulky (level 6) t-shirt yarn and worsted-weight cotton yarn. Get Lion Brand Yarn’s Fast-Track in ‘chopper grey’ and ‘airstream white’ to create two cushion covers per skein, plus a crochet hook, stitch markers, fiberfill stuffing, and yarn needle for assembly. Work in continuous rounds for seamless construction; leave long initial and final tails to easily attach amigurumi parts. Enjoy snuggling up with your own adorable free crochet pillow pattern today! allaboutami
25. Crochet Patchwork Elephant Pillow Pattern
Pass a touch of whimsy to your home with this fun and unique crochet patchwork elephant pillow. Crafted with Red Heart Super Saver O’Go, the pillow is easy-to-make and will give you endless hours of creative crafting pleasure. This project requires a US H/8 (5 mm”) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge, yarn needle, pins, stuffing, as well as a small amount of black worsted weight yarn for embroidery – all that’s left is adding your own special flair! Perfect not only for brightening up any room but makes a great gift too! yarnspirations
26. Crocheted Henrys Accent Pillow Pattern
Crochet Henry’s accent pillow for your home with this easyish crochet pattern. You’ll need about 325 yards of Cascade Longwood yarn in 3 colors, a 5.0mm hook, and a 12″ pillow insert. Gauge: 11 rows of ribbing should measure 2.5″. Stretches to fit an 11″ x 11″ square pillow insert! Don’t forget a yarn needle for weaving in ends when you’re done! Make it yours today and enjoy the unique accent piece you created with your own two hands! yarnandchai
27. Farmhouse Truck Crochet Pillow Pattern
Transform your home into a cozy farmhouse with this stylish truck crochet pillow. Crafted from Red Heart with love yarns in eggshell, lettuce, pewter, holly berry, and black colors, it makes for an eye-catching addition to any room. Includes pattern details such as gauge (15 sc sts x 16 rows = 4 x 4 inches) and measurements (19″ wide by 18″ tall). Advanced Beginner skill level required. Get the perfect pillow form here! brianakdesigns
28. Free Crochet Ghost Pillow Pattern
Bring a touch of whimsy to your home décor with this easy-to-follow ghost pillow crochet pattern. You’ll need Red Heart Super Saver Yarn in soft white, a K crochet hook, and fiber fill. Start by chaining 31 and then single crocheting (SC) in the second chain from the hook and all the way down, making two SCs in the last two chains. In no time, you’ll have an adorable ghost pillow that will look great anywhere! gina michele
29. Free Cross Cable Crochet Pillow Pattern
Unlock your inner designer with this cross-cable crochet pillow pattern! Create chic, textured pillow covers with WeCrochet’s Billow (bulky weight yarn). This Pima cotton yarn is 100% natural and has 120 yards/100g per hank. You’ll need 9 hanks for each pillow cover and approximately 100g/120 yards of yarn for each cable square. The pattern requires back post half double crochet: yarn over hook, insert hook from back to front to back around post of the desired stitch below, then pull up a loop and through all 3 loops on the hook. Bring style into your home today with this trendy crochet pillow design! hanjancrochet
30. Free Crochet Butterfly Cushion Cover Pattern
Sprinkle a touch of beauty and comfort on your home with this butterfly 2 in 1 pajama case & cushion pattern. This intarsia crochet design features 7 colors (white, coral, mustard, teal, denim, lilac, and purple) which you can get from Hobbycraft. You’ll need a 4mm hook and some other tools like scissors or a darning needle. To make it fit on the 12″ x 12″ pillow form, just add 5 white rows at the beginning and end before crocheting away! Get crafting now and give your space an extra touch of color! craftycruella
31. How to Crochet a Square Cushion Cover – Free Pattern
Do you want to learn how to crochet a square pillow cover for beginners? This tutorial is easy and uses chunky acrylic yarn, a 6mm crochet hook, scissors, and a tapestry needle. Step-by-step instructions are provided, plus the materials needed – 130m champagne white (302), 90m blush pink (353), and 90m misty grey (303). The finished pillow will fit an insert of 40x40cm or 16″ x 16″. It’s perfect for decorating your home with unique handmade crocheted items! cosyrosieuk
32. Simple Crochet Pillow Cover Pattern
Indulge your free time in making a cozy and stylish pillow for your home with this simple crochet pillow cover pattern. This pattern is perfect for beginner crocheters, as it uses only basic stitches like single crochet, double crochet, and front post double crochet. All you need to get started is 15 ounces (2.5 skeins) of Loops & Threads Soft & Shiny yarn in Ice Coffee #4 weight, a hook H (8/ 5mm) yarn or tapestry needle, and an optional gauge of 1inch per fpdc, dc stitch row. Follow the instructions to make 2 identical panels with ch 65 before starting the pattern rows, and get creative by experimenting with different colors! crazycoolcrochet
33. Sunshine Crochet Pillow Case Pattern
Discover the sunshine crochet pillow case and make your home décor come alive! This stylish piece of interior is crafted from two skeins of Himalaya bursa chenille velvet yarn (No.7). For extra decoration, use 1-2 skeins of Alize super lana maxi in saffron 02 to make pompoms. Tools like a 4mm hook, stitch markers, and a round pillow insert are essential components to complete this unique project. A 16″ Round cluster fiber pillow or any other option between 15-17 inch size can be utilized as an ideal insert for this versatile pillowcase. Bring the sunshine into your living space with this beautiful and free crochet pillow pattern! topknotchcrochet
34. Mini C2C Crochet Vintage Pillow Pattern
Introducing the mini-C2C crochet vintage pillow, a stunning accent for any home. Crafted with Stylecraft Special Aran in colors gold (1709), cream (1005), and dark brown (1004). This project requires a 5.5mm crochet hook, tapestry needle, Zipper, and stuffing or pillow to complete. The finished size is 16.5″ by 11 “, perfect for adding character to your living space! The gauge of 8 blocks in mini-C2C in 4” allows you to customize the look of your pillow. Get creative and create this unique piece today! raffamusadesigns
35. Adorable Crochet Cat Pillow Pattern
Way to make your home cozier with this cat pillow, made from Loops & Threads Sweet Snuggles yarn. With its jumbo (0-4 WPI) weight and 8.0 mm (L)-sized hook, you can easily create a pillow that is 200 to 210 yards long while providing maximum comfort. Perfect for any room in the house or as a gift, this cat pillow will have every cat parent purring! Get creative and add extra details like embroidery, pompoms, or buttons – take it to the next level of comfort today. ravelry
36. Flower Power Crochet Round Pillow Pattern
This flower power pillow is sure to add some extra pizzazz to your home décor! With just 250 yards of bulky weight 5 yarn, a 6.5mm crochet hook and some scissors, a yarn needle, stitch marker or safety pin, and a 14″ round pillow insert you can quickly have this delightful addition to any room in your house. Follow the easy guide for step-by-step instructions on this free crochet pillow pattern – perfect for brightening up any sofa! thispixiecreates
37. Crochet Picking Flowers Pillow Pattern
Pick up your crochet hook and turn a 14″ square pillow form into an adorable flower bed with this picking flowers pillow pattern! Use Red Heart With Love yarn in eggshell, daffodil, iced aqua, and bubble gum to craft the six 6″ squares. The buttons add just the right touch of sparkle and shine. Follow the instructions for gauge or make it your own size – comfort is key! undergroundcraft
38. Crocheting a Bumble Bee Pillow – Free Pattern
This crochet bumble bee pillow is an adorable and unique handmade decor item for your home. It’s crocheted using an H/8 – 5mm crochet hook, Yarn Bee Rustic Romantic from Hobby Lobby, in three colors: “sugared oats” (BC), “antique iron” (CA), and “barnwood fence” (CB). A 16″ x 16″ pillow form is used for the finished product; however, you can use an 18″ pillow form if desired. This pattern uses common stitch abbreviations such as chain (Ch) and single crochet (SC). If you’re looking to add some personality to your living space, this Crochet Bumble Bee Pillow is perfect! whiletheydream
39. Crochet Sampler Style Spring Rhapsody Pillow Pattern
Flaunt a unique statement piece for your home with this adorable crochet pillow pattern! You can use less than 93 yds of each of the 10 colors from Paintbox Cotton Aran to make it. With just a Size H (5.0 mm) hook, (1) 16″ x 16″ pillow insert or fiberfill, stitch markers, tapestry needle, and scissors, you can create an approximated finished size of 16″ x 16″ + ½″ border. Add this DIY project to your skillset, and enjoy the cozy feeling that comes with a handmade touch in your own home! nanascraftyhome
40. Free Crochet Neridas Star Pillow Pattern
Craft a beautiful star pillow for your home with this easy-to-follow crochet pattern. The Himalaya Dolphin Baby 100% polyester yarn and 4.5mm hook size will create a 30 cm diameter pillow, perfect for any room in the house. Features slip stitch, single crochet, and increase and decrease stitches to form the stunning star shape. Follow along step by step for a gorgeous one-of-a-kind pillow that is sure to light up any room! neridacraft
41. Funky Fringe Crochet Pillow Pattern
Here’s how you can introduce a unique addition to your home decor with this free crochet pattern for the funky fringe pillow! You’ll need approximately 550 yards of worsted weight yarn, an H (5mm) hook, an 18 “x18″ pillow, 4-8 half-inch buttons, yarn needle, needle, and thread. Finished measurements are approximately 18″ x18,” and the gauge is 13 hdc by 11 rows equals a four-inch square. With this easy pattern, you can make your own statement piece today! megmadewithlove
42. Mud Cloth Crochet Pillow Pattern for Beginners
Spruce up a beautiful mud-cloth crochet pillow with this easy-to-follow pattern! The finished pillowcase measures 18″ x18″, and the supplies you will need include Lion Brand Kitchen Cotton yarn, a tapestry needle, a size J crochet hook, stitch markers or safety pins, wooden buttons, an 18″ x18″ pillow insert (ideally with down or synthetic down filling), and a sewing needle and thread to match the buttons. With 12 stitches equaling 4 inches and 14 rows slightly over 4 inches when worked in single crochet, you’ll have your gorgeous handmade pillow ready for display in no time at all! makeanddocrew
43. Bobble Crochet Pumpkin Pillow Pattern
This beautiful crochet pumpkin pillow is a great way to bring some autumn flair into your home. With two 18″ square panels and an 18″ pillow insert, this pattern works up quickly using herringbone half double crochet. A chart for the front (pumpkin) panel of the pillow is included in the pattern. So grab your hook and get ready for a cozy fall season with this easy-to-make this free crochet pillow pattern. knottednest
44. How to Crochet Rainbow Pillow – Free Pattern
Luxuriously soft and vibrant, this rainbow pillow is the perfect addition to any bedroom or living room. Crafted with YarnArt Jeans yarn of sport weight (12 wpi) and a 2.0 mm hook size, it comes in one size only – diameter 13cm (5,1″). Enjoy creating your own unique rainbow pillow for yourself or as a special gift for family and friends! ravelry
45. Moss Motif Crochet Pillow Pattern
Get yourself all set to create a one-of-a-kind accent pillow using Caron Anniversary Cakes yarn and the moss motif crochet pillow pattern! The fun color combinations produce an eye-catching 20″ square pillow that will add a unique touch to any room. Make it as is, or customize it with your own colors – this project has endless possibilities! Whether you’re just learning how to crochet or are a seasoned pro, use the US L/11 (8 mm) hook and follow the easy instructions for spectacular results. yarnspirations
46. Beautiful Crochet Radiating Heart Pillow Pattern
Style a one-of-a-kind radiating heart pillow with Bernat velvet yarn and your crochet hook. This comfy pillow has an approximate size of 10 inches on each side and is perfect for any sofa or bed! Using the gauge of 5 stitches and 6 rows per 2.5 cm, you’ll need a 4.0 mm (G) crochet hook, as well as 300 yards (274 m) of Bernat Velvet bulky (7 wpi) yarn to complete this project. Make something special by crocheting your own Radiating Heart Pillow today! handmadebyraine
47. Granite Stitch Crochet Pillow Cover Pattern
Add a touch of warmth and comfort to your home with this beautiful crochet granite stitch pillow cover. Featuring Bernat Blanket yarn in two complimentary shades, you’ll use a US K/10½ (6.5 mm) crochet hook and five 1″ buttons for a finished size of 30″ [76 cm] square when filled with a pillow form. The gauge is 10 sts and 7 rows = 4″ [10 cm], so make sure to check your work before continuing to the next round! Give your home some extra comfort with this lovely homemade pillow cover! yarnspirations
48. Free Crochet Pillow Cover Pattern for Beginners
This simple crochet pillow pattern will give your space a timeless and inviting feel! Perfect for beginners, this easy cushion cover will fit perfectly over a 16″ x 16″ pillow insert, or use pillow stuffing instead. You’ll need one skein of 100% Acrylic yarn in worsted weight/medium (4) – 600 yds / 549 m and size H/8 (5.00 mm) crochet hook to obtain a gauge of 4″ x4″ = 13 sts and 12 rows following the pattern. Along with your materials, you will also need a yarn needle, scissors, and measuring tape for perfect results! Get creative with colors and textures to create unique looks for your room decor!
49. Single Crochet Pillow Pattern Using Bernat Velvet Yarn
Check out this stylish and unique pillow crocheted with Bernat Velvet Yarn. This plush yarn is perfect for creating texture in your projects, especially in pillows. We will walk you through the steps to crafting this single crochet pillow using just one stitch. With simple instructions, even beginners can make this stunning piece of home decor! Enjoy the luxury feel and look of velvet while enjoying hours of fun crocheting away at this project. Make use of a wide variety of colors available and get creative today with this free crochet pillow pattern.
50. How to Crochet a Heart-shaped Cushion Cover
Are you looking for a way to make a heart-shaped cushion/pillow? This guide provides easy-to-follow instructions on how to crochet the perfect pillow for your home. Perfect for beginners, this tutorial uses basic applique crochet techniques. Start by wrapping yarn around your fingers, and then just insert the hook inside. Learn all step-by-step, from choosing suitable materials to making an outline of the shape, until finishing the edges with decorative stitches. With these detailed crocheting guidelines, even novice crafters can create their own adorable heart cushions in no time!
Crochet Tips for Pillow Perfection
Embarking on a crochet pillow project is an exciting way to express your creativity and add a personal touch to your living space. To help you achieve pillow perfection, let’s delve into some practical tips that will guide you from yarn selection to the final stitch.
Choosing the Right Yarn
- Yarn Weight: Consider the weight of the yarn for your pillow; heavier weights will work up quicker and create a sturdier fabric, while lighter weights are better for intricate designs.
- Fiber Content: Select a yarn that suits the intended use of your pillow. Acrylic and cotton are durable and easy to wash, while wool can add warmth and luxury.
Getting the Size Just Right
- Gauge Matters: Always make a gauge swatch to ensure your crochet pillow cover fits your pillow form snugly. If your gauge is also very loose, try a smaller hook; if it’s too tight, go for a larger hook.
- Pillow Forms: Purchase your pillow form first or measure an existing pillow to base your pattern on, so your cover fits perfectly.
Working with Color and Texture
- Color Coordination: Pick colors that complement your decor. Don’t be afraid to use bold contrasts or ombre effects for a statement piece.
- Texture Exploration: Experiment with different stitches like bobbles, puff stitches, or basketweave to add dimension to your pillow.
Assembling Your Crochet Pillow
- Seaming Techniques: Learn simple seaming methods such as the whip stitch or slip stitch seam for a clean finish when joining your pillow pieces.
- Button It Up: Consider adding a buttoned flap or envelope closure for easy removal and cleaning of your pillow cover.
Maintaining Your Crocheted Pillows
- Washing and Care: Follow the yarn’s care instructions to keep your pillows looking fresh. Some yarns may require gentle hand washing, while others can be machine washed.
- Storage Solutions: When not in use, store your pillows in a cool, dry place to prevent damage from moisture or pests.
Overcoming Common Crochet Challenges
- Stitch Consistency: Keep your tension even throughout your project for a uniform look.
- Troubleshooting: If you encounter a difficult stitch or technique, look for video tutorials or join a crochet community for support.
Adding Personal Flair
- Personalization: Embroider initials or add appliques to your pillow for that extra personal touch.
- Mix and Match: Create a set of pillows with coordinating patterns or colors for a cohesive look.
By keeping these tips in mind, you’ll be well on your way to crocheting beautiful pillows that not only enhance your decor but also showcase your crafting skills. Remember to enjoy the process and take pride in each step along the way!
In conclusion, discover the joy of crafting crochet pillow covers, a delightful way to express your creativity and elevate your home decor. With these 50 free crochet pillow patterns, you have a treasure trove of inspiration at your fingertips. From the comforting texture of the aligned cobble stitch to the cheerful allure of the sunburst design, each pattern offers a unique way to express your style and bring comfort to your space.
Whether you’re a beginner taking your first steps in crochet or an advanced crafter looking to expand your repertoire, there’s something here for everyone. So grab your hook, select your yarn, and let your imagination be your guide. As you weave warmth into every stitch, remember that each pillow you make isn’t just a piece of decor; it’s a reflection of the love and care you infuse into your craft. Happy crocheting!