Hi Everyone! Carisa with you today and I'm back to share how you can use your Dylusions paints and ink sprays together along with stencils to prime some fast backgrounds for the ready when you want to do some art journaling. Sometimes I sit down at my desk and I want to create in my art journal but I don't really have any clear direction or idea that I want to go in or I just don't have a lot of time. When that happens, it's best to just start laying down some paint on your page and not think about it too much. I can create a background page in a matter of minutes that will be ready to use once inspiration does hit or more often than not, I have sparked my creativity just by getting started and I will go on to finish the page. It is nice to have background pages at the ready though because as a mom, I don't always have long stretches of time to really play in my art journals all at once but I can do bits and pieces here and there to add on to when I do find those spare moments! I have a video for you today showing you how quick and easy it is to make a background page in your art journal.
How to Create Mixed Media Backgrounds with Dylusions Paint and Ink Sprays
Shop this Project
Here is what you'll need:
- Canson Mixed Media Paper Pad
- Ranger Dylusions Paint (Fresh Lime, Squeezed Orange)
- Ranger Dylusions Ink Sprays (Cut Grass, Black Marble)
- Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool
- Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool Refills
- Prima Marketing Sunrise Sunset Designer Stencil (12x12 Checker Stencil)
- The Crafters Workshop Stencil (Dina Wakely Halftone Borders 12x12)
- Donna Downey Signature Stencil (Alphabet Rerun)
Join me in my studio!
Some close ups:
Thanks so much for stopping by today! Be sure to join the Blitsy's Addicts Facebook Page and share what you are working on with all of us! I love checking out your blogs and seeing all the beautiful things you are making with your favorite Blitsy purchases! Hope you will hop on over, join us and say hi.