If you love to hand letter, stamp, doodle, make cards or scrapbooks, these Zig markers are for you. Brushables are durable, versatile brush markers that come in a variety of vibrant colors and blend beautifully. Below you'll find all of the basics you need to get started. Read over the details, watch our Facebook Live or click on the video at the bottom of this post to get a better idea of what these two-toned, dual tip Zig markers can do!
Facebook Live Announcement: Journal with us live! New Stamps, Pens and Notebooks!
New Stamps and Journaling Essentials
Watch These Zig Markers Create Two-Toned Techniques!
Shop this Project
About Kuretake Zig Brushables:
- Dual tipped with a brush tip
- Two-toned, with one end containing a color from the ZIG Memory System color range and the other color being a 50 percent tint of that color
- Water-based, permanent, lightfast, acid-free, and photo safe
- Great for brush layering techniques and for creating two-toned blending effects
- Flexible, with a durable felt tip that has strong elasticity
Tips and Techniques:
- Keep stored horizontal
- Take two ZIG Brushables and for a few seconds gently touch nib-to-nib. Keep the two pens horizontal and ink will flow from the top pen onto the tip of the second pen creating a multi-colored stroke
- Don't worry about contaminating your markers! After using the blended pen, clean excess ink off onto a piece of scrap paper or towel.
- Press the lighter tip of the zig marker onto your paper firmly and lift, creating teardrop shapes. Arrange these shapes to create flowers, leaves and other botanical elements. Layer the darker shade on top in the same way for more dimension and depth.
- Experiment writing words with the lighter tones and layering the darker tone on top to shade the letters.
- Color onto a rubber stamp and spritz paper or stamp with water to create watercolor impressions.