How to Make Halloween Party Bags in Minutes
Don't have a lot of time on your hands? You can create these Halloween treat bags quickly and easily!
I love to craft for Halloween, but between costume making and class parties, there isn't always a lot of time for making things! That's when I turn to quick projects like these. By using products like dies and heat set vinyl you can quickly create cute, custom treat bags. Keep reading to learn how to make an adorable candy corn inspired wine bag (great for any hostess!) and fun, decorated muslin treat bags (perfect for guests!)
Supplies (Shop the Post Below):
- Tulip Soft Fabric Paint
- Iron On Vinyl
- American Crafts DIY Shop Bags
- Canvas Wine Bottle Bag
- Halloween Dies
To make the Candy Corn Wine Gift Bag:
- Tape the middle section of the bag off with painter's tape. Brush on the yellow fabric paint and let it dry for a few minutes. I like using the Tulip Soft Fabric Paints for projects like this one because they don't dry stiff; we need the bag to crease gently and not feel like a cardboard box! Carefully remove the painter's tape.
- Tape above the lower line of the painted yellow section. Paint the bottom part of the bag with the orange fabric paint. Remove the painter's tape.
Once the paint has dried (and it doesn't take long!) fill the bag with a bottle of wine and tie the top with the included twine cord.
To make the Halloween muslin treat bags:
- Die cut various shapes from the heat set vinyl. I opted for a flying bat shape, the word "Boo", and a witch's hat.
- Place the cut vinyl as desired on the muslin bags. Cover the vinyl with a thin protective cloth and iron at the highest setting on your iron. For best results, firmly press the iron on the vinyl for 20-30 seconds, then repeat.
- Wait for the vinyl to cool completely, then carefully peel the protective plastic cover off the vinyl.
Fill each bag with treats and tie the top with the cord.
Both of these projects can be completed in under 30 minutes! You can have adorable, custom party favor bags for your Halloween get together this year, and still get your crafting time in! Have fun creating treats this Halloween.