How to Make Clean & Simple Christmas Cards
Use die cuts and ink to transform plain card stock into beautiful and simple Christmas cards that anyone will love.
Shop this Project
As a card maker, I simply love this time of year! Today I'm going to share a technique for making simple Christmas cards using a stamp, die cut set, plain white card stock, ink and my scoring board.
Supplies for Clean & Simple Christmas Cards
Although I feature steel cut dies in this video, these simple Christmas cards can be adapted for mass production using an electronic die cutter to create a similar wreath pattern onto patterned or colored paper. Instead of adding a sentiment to the outside of the card, I let the design stand out on its own and added the sentiment to the inside of the card. Also, pay attention to the simple technique I use to create an embossed look on the front of the card panel. Once you learn this technique, you will find the possibilities are endless for creating one of a kind patterns. Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy the video! Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today, and we hope you give these simple Christmas cards a try!
1. Score 4.5 by 5.5 cardstock to create an "embossed' pattern
2. Stamp two wreaths in lighter and darker shade of green
3. Stamp ribbon.Use coordinating steel die to cut stamped shapes
4. Stamp ribbon.Use coordinating steel die to cut stamped shapes
5. Layer wreaths using foam tape. Add bow
6. Add foam tape to adhere wreath to card panel
7. Adhere card panel to card base