Hi, it is Kim Dellow here and dripping is becoming a bit of an obsession with me at the moment! Dripping paint is such fun and you can add some great texture to art journal pages using this technique. I've got a very simple art journal page to share today. It is built from lots of layers but it isn't very hard to do! I've made my page on a kraft cardstock art journal that I had in my stash but you can easily swap in the WorldWin Kraft Heavyweight Cardstock that is available at Blitsy instead.
How to Make A Dripping Art Journal Page
Shop this Project
Here Is What You Will Need:
- WorldWin Kraft Heavyweight Cardstock 12"X12"
- Prima Marketing Finnabair Art Ingredients Mini Art Stones
- Prima Marketing Finnabair Art Ingredients 3D Fine Texture Powder
- Prima Marketing Elementals Stencil - Lace
- We R Memory Keepers Crop-A-Dile II Big Bite Punch
- We R Memory Keepers Eyelets Standard - Warm Metal
- Prima Marketing Finnabair Art Alchemy Acrylic Paint - Opal Magic Rose & Gold
- Prima Marketing Finnabair Art Alchemy Acrylic Paint - Metallique Emerald Green
- Prima Cling Stamp - Love Letter
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad #0 - Jet Black
- Liquitex Gesso, Pint
- Golden Regular Gel - Matte
- EK Tools Permanent Double-Sided Tape 2 Pack
- RGM Soft Grip Palette Knife - Green #13
- Martin Universal - Mijello Fredi Weber Palette Large
How To Make:
Start by adding a bit of gesso randomly to the background. Don't completely cover the surface because you want some of the kraft to be visible. Let it dry.
Mix some Art Stones and Texture Powder into some Regular Gel Medium then use a palette knife to spread it over the stencil on the art journal page. Let it dry.
Roughly cover the page with the Rose Gold paint and let this dry.
Using a very wet brush add a line of paint to the top of the page, hold the page up and let the paint drip, adding more water or paint as needed. Turn the page to get the drips moving in different directions, then let it dry.
Now repeat Step 4 but apply the paint to the left-hand side of the page. Let it dry.
Tear a panel from a new sheet of kraft cardstock and cover it with gesso and let it dry then cover it with Rose Gold paint and let it dry. Stamp the image over the surface with Jet Black ink.
Stick the panel to the art journal page with double-sided tape then fasten the corners with eyelets.
The addition of the Art Stones and Texture Powder changes the whole way the page looks and I love how the drips of paint flow between and over the texture they provide.