Hi, it’s Kim Dellow here and today I am adding a mixed media twist to my Me & My Big Ideas Happy Planner Discs. I am an absolute Happy Planner obsessive! I love my planner and I love altering it too, so I’ve used some mixed media techniques to alter some of my planner discs.
How To Alter Your Happy Planner Discs
Shop this Project
Here Is What You Will Need:
- Create 365 The Happy Planner - Planner Discs Medium Clear Teal
- Create 365 The Happy Planner - Planner Expander Discs Teal
- Create 365 The Happy Planner - Planner Discs Mini Gold
- Liquitex Heavy Body Professional Acrylic Color - Medium Magenta
- Liquitex Soft Body Professional Acrylic Color - Prism Violet
- Liquitex Soft Body Professional Acrylic Color - Cerulean Blue Hue
- Liquitex Heavy Body Professional Acrylic Color - Titanium White
- Golden - Regular Gel - Gloss
- Sharpie Water-Based Extra-Fine Paint Marker - Black
- Sharpie Water-Based Fine Paint Marker - White
- Sakura - Pigma Micron Pen - .45mm - Carded - Black
- Fabriano Accademia Artist Paper Pack - 8.25" x 11.7"
- Spellbinders Nestabilities Dies - Standard Circles Small
- Die-cutting machine
- Mijello Fredi Weber Large Palette
- Inkssentials Cut-N-Dry Stamp Pad Foam - 8"X10" Sheet
- Ranger Tool Brayer 3 5/16"
- The Crafter's Workshop Template 6" x 6" - Doodle Bloom
- Bubble wrap
Let’s Alter Some Discs!
Start by adding random scribbles with the Pigma pen on a piece of Fabriano Accademia Artist Paper, working on a couple of pieces at the same time.
Keep building up the color using the bubble wrap and other mark makers until the pieces of paper have a good coverage.
Add some more texture with paint on Cut N’ Dry foam through the stencils, using dark or light colors to make a contrast with the background.
Once the layered papers are dry, scribble some more with the black and white paint pens.
If you have the small Spellbinders Nestabilities Circle dies set, use the second and third smallest dies to cut circles from the layered paper. The third smallest fits the expander Happy Planner discs and the second smallest fits the medium Happy Planner discs.
To make the smaller circles to fit the mini Happy Discs, draw around the mini disc on spare paper and cut it out. Press the circle into the center of the mini disc and press it into the edges with your finger nail.
Remove the circle and trim it to size then use this as a template to cut out the mini disc-sized circles. You can use this technique to make the other sizes too if you don't have the dies that cut circles that fit.
Use a brush to add a layer of gel medium to the inside of the discs and press the die-cut circles onto the gel. Turn over the discs and repeat for the other side.
This is such a great way to personalize your Happy Planner discs and it will not interfere with their function at all, you can use them as your normally would with your Happy Planners or journals. You can also use designer papers if you like.