Christmas Craft for Kids: Rudolph the Reindeer Spoon Puppet
DIY Altered Tim Holtz Christmas Clock
Here's how to DIY With The 2017 Pantone Color of the Year
Ready to DIY? We've picked the top craft supplies that match the 2017 Pantone Color of the Year.
Shop this Project
Alright color lovers, the moment you've been waiting for is here: the announcement of the next Pantone Color of the Year! Last year they threw us a curveball by naming not one, but two Colors of the Year (the pinky Rose Quartz and the perfect baby blue Serenity). You know we've been waiting to see how the global color authority would shake things up this year.
What does it mean to be the "Color of the Year?" Pantone says it's "a symbolic color selection; a color snapshot of what we see taking place in our global culture that serves as an expression of a mood and an attitude." You can find a color that says all that? Wow!
Without further delay, the hottest color of 2017 will be...
Ladies & gentlemen, say hello to Greenery! This springy shade has been selected as the one to watch next year. Of the hue that's sure to be everywhere in 2017, Pantone Color Institute executive director Leatrice Eisenman said:
"Greenery bursts forth in 2017 to provide us with the hope we collectively yearn for amid a complex social and political landscape. Satisfying our growing desire to rejuvenate, revitalize, and unite, Greenery symbolizes the reconnection we seek with nature, one another, and a larger purpose."
This "fresh and zesty yellow-green shade that evokes the first days of spring when nature's greens revive, restore and renew." Honestly, you can't watch the announcement video (below) without feeling warm & bright! It's barely winter, but thanks to this year's Pantone Color of the Year, Greenery, we've already got a spring in our step!
So, how can you start working this shade into your next DIY project? Here are 7 trending craft products that are a perfect match for Greenery.
- Enamel Accents create dimensional shine on paper crafting, home decor, mixed media, jewelry projects and more. Get it in Electric Lime to start dressing up your next project.
- If you're a planner, pick up the Happy Planner "This Colorful Life" sticker value pack immediately. This pack has over 1000 color-coordinated stickers to dress up your week, including some in a perfectly bright yellow green!
- To brighten up your hand lettering, grab a Tombow Dual Brush-Pen in Willow Green. We suggest pairing it with Cool Gray 5 to create dimension & depth.
- If watercolor is your thing, try Ken Oliver Color Burst in Lime Green. This concentrated, pigmented powder reacts with water to turn any paper crafting project into a stunning work of art!
- Ink up your favorite stamps with Ranger Archival ink in Vivid Chartreuse! This shade would really stand out in your planner, or on your spring cards!
- Did you know they make totally grown-up crayons? Tim Holtz Distress Crayons are ideal for watercoloring, creating smudge effects, and more! Try it in Twisted Citron.
- Paint is a staple for any crafter! Pick up Dylusions acrylic paint in Dirty Martini for a Pantone-approved pop of color.
Check out all of these hot craft supplies (and more!) in the product feed below. How are you going to get crafty with the latest Pantone Color of the Year? Tell us in the comments, and visit us on Facebook to show off your latest projects!