Free Crochet Pattern: Wonderland Baby Blanket
This sweet baby blanket is made with a super easy to work with, super soft yarn and is a great project to get started with crocheting granny squares!
Springtime inevitably feels like baby season. Maybe it's the baby birdies and furry little bunnies and squirrels populating our yards, but spring always inspires me to start a new baby project! This April, we're focusing on beginner-friendly crochet projects on the yarn end of things here at Blitsy, so today I've got a cute, checkered baby blanket pattern you'll find totally addicting to work on! Follow me down the (baby) rabbit hole and hook up a Wonderland Baby Blanket.
Psst! If there's not a baby in your life at the moment, this blanket is the perfect size for a leg-warming lapghan (Get it? Lap + afghan?) to keep your legs warm in a chilly cubicle or in front of the TV!
Bernat Baby Blanket Big Ball - baby sand
Bernat Baby Blanket Big Ball - baby lilac
Bernat Baby Blanket Big Ball - baby yellow
size L crochet hook
sl st - slip stitch
dc - double crochet
ch - chain
tbl - through the back loop
rnd - round
Wonderland Baby Blanket Pattern
Solid Granny Square Pattern
Form a magic ring.
1. ch 5 in loop, (dc 3, ch 2) 3 times, dc 2, sl st into initial 3rd ch to join.
2. ch 3, dc 2, ch 2, (dc 7, ch 2) 3 times, dc 4, sl st into initial 3rd ch to join.
3. ch 3, dc 4, ch 2, (dc 11, ch 2) 3 times, dc 6, sl st into initial 3rd ch to join.
4. ch 3, dc 6, ch 2, (dc 15, ch 2) 3 times, dc 8, sl st into initial 3rd ch to join.
At end of 4th rnd, break yarn and draw tail through to finish.
Begin by making 12 solid granny squares in your choice of colors.
Join squares using the flat slip stitch method
1. Form slip knot.
2. Working front to back, sl adjacent sts together tbl.
3. Work all the way from one edge of the blanket to the other. When you work perpendicular joins, work around existing sl st work.
When all squares are joined, weave in ends to finish.
How to start a crochet project with the magic ring method:
How to double crochet:
How to crochet a solid granny square:
How to join granny squares with the flat slip stitch:
Don't Miss TheseView All Articles