Free Crochet Pattern: Mesh Infinity Cowl
Crochet this mesh cowl to give your spring wardrobe a layer of breathable warmth to combat cool breezes.
It's getting warm out there, but not so warm that you don't want a light layer on hand to combat a stiff breeze. Crocheted with some gorgeous, silk-inspired yarn, this mesh cowl is layering friendly and breathable for spring! The best thing about this transitional weather cowl is its versatility. If you want to keep your shoulders warm, you can wear it as an infinity wrap. If your neck is cold, you can double it up as a cozy cowl. Spring accessories need to be layering friendly, so this easy-to-crochet piece is a great project to tackle in warmer weather.
US size L crochet hook
Lion Brand Landscapes Yarn - 1 skein Clr A
Lion Brand Landscapes Yarn - 1 skein Clr B
Clr A - color A
Clr B - color B
ch - chain
sc - single crochet
sl st - slip stitch
Mesh Infinity Cowl Pattern
1. Using Clr A, ch 41, turn.
2. sc 40.
3. (ch 7, skip 4 ch and sc 1 in fifth ch) repeat 8 times across.
4. ch 5, turn. sc 1 in fourth ch of the previous row's 7 ch arch. (ch 7, sc 1 in fourth ch of the previous row's 7 ch arch) across.
Repeat row 4 until you run out of Clr A. Switch to Clr B and work row 4 to desired length.
5. ch 5, turn. sc 1 in fourth ch of the previous row's 7 ch arch. (ch 5, sc 1 in fourth ch of the previous row's 7 ch arch) across.
6. Join cowl ends with a flat sl st.
Weave in all ends to finish.
Need some help?
As usual, I've got you covered if you're new to working stitches like the ones used in this pattern. The videos below will walk you through techniques you may be new to in crochet. If you get stuck, don't hesitate to leave us a comment with any questions!