Punch boards by We R Memory Keepers make it easy to create custom decor for any occasion. Creating this banner for dad is quick and easy, and you can customize it with whatever message you'd like. I kept it simple, but feel free to make your message longer or shorter as these versatile punch boards give you endless possibilities.
DIY Banner For Dad
Shop this Project
Making a DIY banner for Dad
1. Trim white cardstock to 2.5" x 1.5" (one rectangle per letter) and use the Mini Alphabet Punch Board to create desired letters as instructed in the guide.
2. Trim patterned paper to 4" x 6" and follow instructions to create flag shapes using the Banner Punch Board. I love this board because it makes three different shapes, pennant, flag and crest. Oh! It also punches the holes to string up your banner!
3. Adhere letters to center of flag shapes.
4. The heart pocket in the center of my message is created by cutting two crescent shapes from 4" x 6" patterned paper. Once again refer to the guide for instructions on creating the different banner shapes. When you have your shapes cut, trim about an inch or so off the top of one of the crescent shapes. Apply glue to only the sides of the shapes and adhere together creating a pocket.
5. Decorate the pocket with a heart. I used a heart cutting die like this one, but you can hand cut a heart as well.
6. Once heart is adhered, use twine to string up your banner.
7. Use the pocket to tuck notes, gift cards or a small treat for dad!
How easy is that? And aren't those punch boards great!? Imagine all of the decor you can create year round with just a few different punch boards. Making your own DIY banner shows your loved ones how unique and special you think they are. Hopefully this project makes your dad smile and happy Father's Day!