Creating Embellished Looks With Tonic Studios Nuvo
These versatile products let crafters add color, sparkle and shimmery finishes to any project!
Shop this Project
About Tonic Studios Nuvo Products
We recently got a bunch of new Nuvo products by Tonic Studios and we are in love! The Nuvo products are all about giving your projects the perfect finishing touch. Between the Drops, Embellishment Mousse, Sparkle Dust, and more you are always sure to find the perfect high quality and colorful finish!
Today we are going to be on Facebook Live demonstrating all of the new Tonic Studios Nuvo products! We'll walk you through how to create a Watercolor card using the Aqua Flow Pens, how to add details to your cards with the Embellishment Mousse and Jewel Drops, and more! The best part is that everything we're showing is on sale right now!
Creating A Watercolor Card with Aqua Flow Pens
Aqua Flow Pens create a variety of effortless watercolor looks.
1. To create the background, scribble onto an acrylic block or page protector using a few pens in different colors. Spritz surface with water. Press watercolor cardstock onto spritzed, inked surface and rotate a few times before lifting paper. Dab dry for a soft look or allow to air dry for a more saturated background.
2. Stamp desired images using a permanent ink such as this one from Brutus Monroe. Use the Aqua Flow Pens to color in the images, blending a light and dark shade as you color to created depth.
3. Apply a bit of glue to the centers of the flowers and sprinkle with Sparkle Dust. Tap off excess.
4. Stamp sentiment onto cardstock, cut out and adhere to card using the Nuvo Glue Pen. Finish by adhering layers onto a folded card base.
Creating a card Using Embellishment Mousse & Jewel Drops
Nuvo Embellishment Mousse is a light, airy iridescent texture paste with a fluffy consistency. It creates a shimmery finish when applied and can create extra dimension when applied in a thick layer and left to dry.
1. Create a textured background by running a piece of cardstock through your die cut machine using an embossing folder. Deposit a small amount of mousse onto your work surface and lightly apply a very thin layer of embellishment mousse using a brush or your finger. It will pick up the embossed texture of your card as you apply it sparingly.
2. Stamp your sentiment onto a smaller piece of cardstock. Place a stencil along one corner of the card and apply embellishment mouse through the stencil using a brush or your finger. For a more dimensional look, apply mousse in a thick layer using a palette knife and allow to dry completely.
3. Using a waterbrush, mix and dilute the embellishment mousse on your work surface to create a shimmery paint with a watercolor consistency. Paint a few strokes around your sentiment.
4. Use Nuvo Drops to add finishing touches to your sentiment and allow to fully dry. Nuvo Drops dry as dimensional dots that add enamel like shine to your projects.
5. Adhere your sentiment to your background using foam adhesive and mount all layers onto a folded card base.
I hope you're inspired to put the Tonic Studios Nuvo products to good use!