10 DIY Gifts For Mom
Make something stylish and new for the mom in your life. These projects are colorful, unique and fun to make and give!
Handmade Gifts That Mom Will Actually Love
When you think handmade Mother's Day gifts you may picture yourself dealing with a stressful, complicated mess of supplies and cranky kids making something mom may or may not use, but have no fear! Handmade gifts don't have to be fussy or cheesy. Here are 10 DIY gifts for mom that are functional, simple to make, require minimal supplies and are sure to put a smile on mom's face!
1. Say it in type! This fast craft from Lovely Indeed will let your mom know exactly how awesome you think she is. Simply grab a wood panel, cover with pretty paper and use stickers to spell out a sweet and sassy message your mom will love to display anywhere! Here is the full set of instructions.
2. Think Make Share Blog turned plain teatowels into mini works of art that are pretty to look at and useful! Grab some cute stamps, or if you want to really personalize them, carve your own using these rubber blocks, and some fabric paint and you are all set! Check out the step-by-step tutorial here.
3. Turn an ordinary glass jar into a trendy and adorable pineapple planter. With a little yellow paint, some permanent markers and the right succulent, this gift is as sweet as mom! See the DIY video here!
4. Show mom how much she lights up your life with this adorable "neon" sign from Handmade Charlotte. Make sure to help the kiddos with any cutting tasks. You can get a new craft knife here to make the cutting job easy! See full instructions for the sign here.
5. Over at Sarah Hearts, learn how to use your Silhouette Cameo and some white transfer vinyl to transform a plain colorful clutch into a cool patterned present complete with secret message under the flap that you can customize for your mom. Check out the full tutorial here.
6. Upcycle some old wooden blocks into a playful photo display! This gift has the added bonus of sentimental value and memory keeping! Use some colorful paint and insert a favorite photo before giving to mom. Check out how to make it on Damask Love.
7. It's all in the presentation! These paper plates turned "baskets" from Sarah Hearts are a great way to give mom flowers and breakfast treats in bed on her special day! Paint random colorful patterns, let dry and fold. Check out the steps here!
9. The only thing better than a colorful tassel is a colorful pom pom! The lovely ladies over at Sugar & Cloth bought some cute slippers and made their own pom poms using this tool. Adhere with some hot glue and give to mom for a cozy gift she can wear every day! Check out the post here.
10. These mini Mother's Day wreaths from Oh Happy Day! are a tiny, cute version of the Mother's Day classic. Make some tissue or crepe flowers as she does, or get some pretty mini flowers like these for an even quicker craft. This white pen is perfect for writing a message on a pretty banner made from colorful paper. See the steps for this project here.
Happy Mother's Day!
Hope these 10 DIY gifts for mom have inspired you, and any little ones, to get crafty. It will be so fulfilling to hand mom a gift you made yourself that she is sure to love and use!